Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mrs. Peacock, get away from me with that shoe!

I had a thought...

And I think it would be an excellent prank to play on someone, to switch their Clue pieces with their Monopoly pieces when they aren't looking. So that the next time they play, it's Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the THIMBLE! And in Monopoly, everyone is fighting over who gets to be the lead pipe. No? I thought it was funny...

At any rate - much self-discovery has been happening this last week. It's amazing what one situation can bring to the surface. And to think that it was a random house-party out in Wentzville that did it for me... Haha! It's good though. It needed to happen, for me and everyone involved. It's about life. It's about growing, and learning, and experiencing. Not about staying in one place or space for the rest of your life. But letting your experiences and encounters help shape you and mold you into something new.

Right now, I feel like a caterpillar that just escaped from her cocoon, and I'm still learning how to fly. I'm free, and out there - but I just don't know quite what to do with myself yet. (Jennifer, queen of metaphors, I thought you'd like that one! Almost as much as I liked your fish in a fishbowl one from years ago...)

My life in May will be radically different than it is now. I'm just trying to prepare myself and get ready for that change. Doing everything I can NOW to make myself the best person I can be in 4 months. : ]

1 comment:

~Jenn said...

:) I greatly enjoyed that.
I can't believe you still remember the fishbowl one. You rock my socks...and P.S. Mrs. Peacock just landed on Boardwalk. It's a whole new game.